I have just updated my book The Divine Challenge: On Matter, Mind, Math, and Meaning. At the same time, I converted it into an e-book, available (free) in pdf format here. This is available also in epub format, but for some reason google.drive can't handle epub, so that you should send me an email if you want the epub file.
Its description is as follows:
This book is about the war between God and fallen man. It concerns the double challenge, between God and man, to establish who will rule. The war will be addressed at the level of competing worldviews, and their ability to explain reality and assign meaning. The battleground will range over the realms of matter, mind, and math.
The prime purpose is the apologetic one of showing the superiority of the Christian worldview over its main competitors. The main thesis is that only Christianity offers a cohesive, meaningful worldview. The challenges of modern naturalism and post-modern relativism ultimately self-destruct.
This book is addressed to the intelligent non-expert. Although the discussion will range over various issues in science, math, philosophy, and theology, no prior knowledge of these disciplines is assumed. The aim is to convey the basic thrust of the arguments in non-technical language, as simply as possible. Nevertheless, some of these issues are very subtle, requiring the reader's close attention.
The Divine Challenge: On Matter, Mind, Math & Meaning. (2004) Edinburgh: Banner of Truth
- deals with Christian worldview versus naturalism & relativism
Dutch translation: De Ultieme Uitdaging: Over God, materie, geest en getal (2003) Kampen: De Groot Goudriaan.
Its description is as follows:
God and Cosmos: A Christian View of Time, Space, and the Universe. (2001) Edinburgh: Banner of Truth.
- deals with a Christian view of astronomy/cosmology
Dutch translation: God en de Kosmos: Een christelijke visie op tijd, ruimte en heelal (2001) Kampen: De Groot Goudriaan.
Portuguese translation: Deus e Cosmos: Um Conceito Cristao do Tempo, do Espaco e do Universo (2003) Sao Paulo: Publicacoes Evangelicas Selecionadas.
- these books are available at Amazon.ca
-powerpoint of paper presented at "God & Physics" Conference, Oxford, July 2010
War of the Worldviews: Christianity & Its Challengers (2009)
-lecture at Reformed Seminary in Sarospatak, Hungary
Origins and Worldview Tinkering (2003)
-Reformed Perspective 22: 9-12
On Time in Genesis (2001)
- Reformed Polemics 8(3):12-13
General Revelation and Evangelicalism (1989)
- Mid-America Journal of Theology 5:1-13
Scripture and Geologists (1989)
- Westminster Theological Journal 50:143-152
Preliminary Considerations: On Scientific and Theological Method (1998)
- Premise V(3)3:1-11
Models and Presuppositions in Science and Theology (2008)
- paper delivered at ESSSAT conference
Does Mathematics Need a Worldview? (2008)
- paper delivered at "Man & the Christian Worldview Conference"
A Christian Perspective on Math (2008)
- Reformed Perspective 27 (4): 9-13
A Christian Perspective on Physics (2008)
- in Christian Worldview and the Academic Disciplines (eds. Deane E.D. Downey & Stanley E. Porter) 2009, Eugene, OR: Pickwick.
Matter, Mathematics, and God (2007)
- Theology and Science 5 (1): 73-86.
Freewill and Responsibility (2007)
- Reformed Perspectives Magazine 9 (22):1-21
Chance, Choice, and God (2006)
Can Science Dispense with Religion? (2004)
- Can Science Dispense with Religion? M. Golshani (ed.), Tehran, Iran: Institute for Humanities and Cultural Studies: 69-77.
Mathematical Models and Reality (2003)
- Association of Christians in the Mathematical Sciences Conference Proceedings: 33-48
Indeterminancy, Divine action and Human Freedom (2003)
- Science & Christian Belief 15 (2): 101-116
Naturalism, Theism and Objective Knowledge (2002)
- Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies 14: 69-90
On Michael Ruse and Reductionary Illusions (2001)
- Research News & Opportunities in Science and Theology 2 (1): 26
On Numbers in Numbers (2001)
- Science & Christian Belief 13 (1): 59-67
Theism and Mathematical Realism (2001)
- Journal of the Association of Christians in the Mathematical Sciences
On Life in the Universe (2001)
- Professorenforum-Journal 2(1)
The Role of Belief in Modern Cosmology (1996)
- Facets of Faith and Science 3: 47-62
On Craig's Defence of the Kalam Cosmological Argument (1996)
- Facets of Faith and Science 4: 75-90
On the Natural Selection of Universes (1996)
- Quarterly Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society 37:369-371
On Pascal's Wager and Infinite Utilities (1994)
-Faith and Philosophy 11(3): 467-473
Cellular Automata & Origin of Life (1989)
- Perspectives on Science & Christian Faith 41:26-29
Instrumentalism: A Third Option (1985)
- Perspectives on Science & Christian Faith 37:11-18